Courtesy of the Automotive Service Association
The following simple and inexpensive preventive checks will greatly extend the life of the vehicle, ensure safer operation and even benefit the environment.
Always consult your owner's manual for individual service schedules because maintenance requirements vary by manufacturer.
- Always consult your owner's manual, but a good rule of thumb is to have the oil filter changed regularly - every 3,000 to 4,000 miles.
- Have all fluids checked, including brake, power steering, transmission/transaxle, windshield washer solvent and antifreeze. These fluids play a large role in the safety and performance of the vehicle.
- Check tire inflation. Under-inflated tires can result in a loss of fuel efficiency. This is the least expensive form of preventive and safety maintenance. Tires should be checked once a month.
- Keep your engine tuned. A fouled spark plug or plugged/restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 30 percent.
- Have the chassis lubricated frequently. This step extends the life of the moving components of the vehicle's suspension system.
- Check battery cables and posts for corrosion and clean them as needed. The battery fluid also should be checked and filled if it is low, unless it is a maintenance-free battery.
- Have the lighting system checked frequently, including headlights, turn signals, and brake and taillights.
- Check windshield washer blades for cracks, tears and windshield contact. Replace them at least once a year, or sooner if streaking begins.
- Inspect engine belts regularly. Worn belts will affect the engine performance. Look for cracks and missing sections or segments.
- Have the air filtration system checked frequently. The air filter should be checked every other oil change for clogging or damage. This system ensures that the vehicle is performing at its peak condition.
Discover More About Maintenance and Repair Services At Action Auto Care in Ramona
Auto AC & Heating Services
General Auto Repair Services
Staff is great and always helpful. They never overcharge and will work with you on getting things fix that are priority. We have been going to them for 2 years now. We will continue to do so.
Great experience! My car unexpectedly broke down and they fit me into their busy schedule. Great communication and didn't cost me an arm and a leg. Now I know where to go in Ramona to get my car fixed. Thank you!
The owner Dave is very honest and fair. They've done a great job with my 2001 Ram. Highly recommend them.
Dave and his staff are amazing. They know what they are doing and they are very efficient. I have been coming here for many years, and I would definitely recommend them to anyone. Thanks Action Auto!!!
I have always had a great experience when I have taken my car to action auto. David and his staff have always been very nice, helpful, honest, and professional. They let you know what needs to be fixed/replaced immediately, what may need to be soon or in the near future, and if possible give you options of the such. I won't take my wife's car and my car anywhere else!
I have been going to Action Auto for 7 years and have been very happy with their work. They always go over things with you and let you know what is needed and the price. If things change they inform you and let you decide what to do. I would recommend Action Auto to all. Nice place and great service.